Wednesday, July 16, 2014

He Is Always With Us

It's awesome how God can be with each and every one of us 24/7. He truly is amazing. It's nice to know that even when we are weak, He is with us. He will give us the strength to endure and finish the race that is set before us! As a runner I find it easy to relate to those who feel as though they are struggling through races. My sister Katie told me about how God gave her the strength to finish a cross country race and I thought I would share it with you!

"It was my last meet of the season. The night before I remember praying to God to give me the strength to race well the next day. During the middle of the race I felt weak. I was tired. Like REALLY tired. I said another prayer. It was crazy! Seconds later I felt Him with me! He woke me up! All of a sudden I felt my eyes open. I finished the race strong and I got my best time of the season!" 

With God we can do anything! He will always be there on our side supporting us. There aren't cheerleaders for cross-country or track, but with God and of course our fantastic friends and family, we have everything we need! One of my favorite verses comes from Isaiah. During races when I feel weak and tired, I remind myself of this verse. Suddenly I feel rejuvenated and as though I can take on the world! It makes running so much easier knowing that He is with me. 

"He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
~Isaiah 40:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment