Sunday, July 13, 2014

In The Beginning...

Hi There! Today marks my first day as a "blogger". As for today I decided I would start with letting you know a little about me! I'm an all American girl who going into her senior year of High School. I love running, music, baking, family, and above everything, Jesus! I run cross country and track at my high school. A distance runner at heart with the need for speed! I love playing the piano, violin, and flute. I'm currently learning how to play the guitar. I know only two chords so far, but it's a start! The best part about baking is licking the bowl. Yes, I am that girl who pulls out her spoon to get every last drop of the cookie dough before my Mom takes it away to clean it. As for my family, I live in a family of four. There's Mom, Dad, (Me), my sister Katie, our dog Molly, and two fish (Blu and Fish-we weren't all that creative in their names). Mom is a librarian at the elementary school and Dad is a physican at the hospital. Katie is a country girl with a passion for horses. I am the daughter of a Great King, Jesus. He is my Savior! The Lord created this beautiful world just for us! Isn't that amazing! We have so much to be thankful for. He has given us this blessing we call life! Nobody is greater than Him!

So you maybe wondering why I created this blog. The answer to that, to spread the word about Jesus Christ through running and other adventures I may come across. Today in church our pastor gave a sermon on the Parable of the Sower from Matthew 13. From this passage I realized that we must take the word of God to heart. We can't just read the Bible and say "Yay! One thing checked off my Bucket List!" To truly understand the Bible we must take the knowledge and apply it to the world around us. We only get one chance to live on this earth. We must make the most of our lives. God has a plan for everyone. We are His hands on earth. Our mission is to spread the Word of God to others! 


With this blog I hope to bring a little bit of sunshine to your day! Remember that simply being positive is the key to happiness! I hope your having a fantastic day! 

"But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” Matthew 13:23




No comments:

Post a Comment