Monday, July 14, 2014

The Art of Running

Run- to go quickly by moving the legs more rapidly than at a walk and in such a manner that for an instant in each step all or both feet are off the ground.

What is it that makes running so magnificent? Running is an amazing sport. How many sports are there that people of all ages can participate in? The feeling you get when you step outdoors to go for a run is stunning. That moment your feet hit the pavement, the wind blowing threw your hair (some days more so than others), watching the sun rise as you coast up the hill. Running will take you everywhere! All you need is a pair of tennis shoes and your set! One does not have to be a competitive racer to be a runner. Some run for leisure and enjoyment, while others run for the competition. Some like to run on their own for time alone, others enjoy running with friends. Everybody has the ability to run. One must take the first step however. I know that I would not be the runner I am now without Jesus by my side. I always feel better knowing, even if I am running by myself, I'm never really alone. He is with me everywhere I go! 

Being on the Cross Country and Track team, I have come to realize this truly isn't an individual sport. We have to work as a team. Push each other everyday to get stronger and faster. There are some days we get tired and stop trying. At these moments, we must understand that no matter how hard the situation may be, He is with us. The Lord will give us the strength to endure, to push past the breaking point, and succeed. He will always be on our team! Running is a gift from Him. We are blessed to be born with two legs. We were born to run! It's amazing what we are capable. Running is a beautiful sport and I wish everyone would take it up! 

When running for the first time, it's important to know you won't be an Olympic athlete the second you take your first step. One must continue to work towards your goals. With time you will get better every day! It will take time to get to where you want to be. God will be patient with you. When your tired and you want to quit remember that He is always with you! Running truly is magnificent! 

"For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment