Sunday, November 30, 2014

Let the Training Begin!

My two weeks of rest are over and now begins my training for Track! Yay for many left turns!! So far I have been easing back into running with just a once a week run. From a runners stand point IT'S SO HARD! I have the hardest time sitting still as it is, let alone when I'm told to ease off on exercise until my body gets back to normal. I have to admit I gave in and went for a run less then a week after State and I was told not to, but hey, I'm a rebel at times! Actually I'm not. Those people who skip class, they are the rebels (I'm physically/mentally incapable of doing so). But back to Training... Instead of focusing on mileage I'm STRENGTHENING! I've seen a tremendous amount of runners injure themselves because they don't give their bodies a break. Its good to exercise but you also have to listen to what your body says. For the next few weeks I'm bulking up! Lifting/Crossfit on Mon/Wed/Fri, Dance (ballet and pointe) on Tues, Yoga on Thurs, and a great end to the week with a run on Sat! Slowly but surly I'll work my way back into running full time. After intense workouts the best recovery fuel is chocolate milk! However I'm not really a fan of chocolate milk...so instead I have a glass of plain milk and two oreos! 
{Did you know the average Oreo has 6g of Iron in every serving?}



This year my focus is primarily on the 800 m. though I still plan on running the 1600 m and 3200 m. I kid you not, running is my life ladiez and gentlemen. I've ran the 1 and 2 mile for as long as I can remember and there is no way I could suddenly change to a sprinter. I also really want to try steeplechase this year. That's only an option for one meet but it looks like a blast! *Disregard all videos of steeplechase fails caught on tape, that doesn't happen to everyone!
Back in the day when I was just a young little runner
{About fourth grade}
Until Track season officially begins, I will be training. The work you put in now will pay off later. Each day when you wake up you have two options. Go back to sleep and dream about it, or get up and capture your dream. What ever sport or activity you do, go capture your dreams! 

But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
~Isaiah 40:31 

No comments:

Post a Comment