Thursday, November 27, 2014

Simple Blessings

The season of thanksgiving is upon us, and my gratitude towards all the simple blessings around me expands! There is so much to be thankful for! Everyday I wake up and I'm able to see the sun rise in the east and set in the west. The brilliance of colors, pink, orange, and blue, enhancing the sky. I have sturdy legs allowing my to stand, walk, run, and play as another kid! I have food on my plate, water in my cup, a roof over my head, and a car to take me to school. I have a family who loves me and friends who mean the world to me! Its these simple blessings we seem to forget about. God has given us life! That is the greatest gift anyone could ask for!

As we get caught up in our busy lives sometimes we forget to thank those around us for all they do. I have been blessed by my family and friends who surround me! One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is sitting down to dinner with all of my family surrounding me! Nobody is worried about school or work, rather the focus is on family and enjoying the time we have with each other. Since my family all lives in Colorado, we aren't able to see them as often. This year my Aunt and her family came down with the flu so they were sadly unable to join us. I pray that they begin to feel better soon! However, this year I, with the guidance of Gramma, made the Thanksgiving dinner! It was very delicious if I do say so myself!


I have so much to be thankful for! I am so very blessed to live in this lovely life! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

 ~Megan

"Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods." ~Psalm 95:2-3

"I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way--in all your speaking and in all your knowledge--" ~1 Corinthians 1:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment