Monday, November 17, 2014

Life, Patience, and Christ

There are times in everyone's life when it seems as though we are holding on by a thread. We find ourselves stressed, exasperated, or anxious. These are all symptoms that seem to occur at one point or another in our lives. 
Why? 

If everyday was "perfect" how would we know what truly living is? In order to fully define life, we must experience the good and the bad. In order to see the good in life, we have to endure the bad days. Highs and Lows, Mountains and Valleys. Although it may seem as though it's the end of the world, I can assure you its not. I believe God gives everyone a challenge. Not for pleasure of watching us struggle or loose faith. Rather, to bring us closer to Him and realize we have the strength to make the most of every situation. These challenges help us learn more about ourselves and realize with Christ anything is possible!
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”

~Plato
Sometimes one of the hardest things to find is patience, though it is a lesson for everyone. We get so caught up in our busy lives. Rushing around trying to be everywhere and do everything at once. We can't expect everything we want to happen right away. Throwing a fit and complaining about how your test isn't graded, is not going to make it happen any faster.  Lately I have been lacking patience. I have the hardest time sitting still for starters as well as taking my time. The other day my Mom, sister and I made a quick stop at the grocery to get just a few things (The key word being quick). Well, if you know my family, you may notice that my Dad and I tend to walk faster than my Mom and sister. So as we are sauntering through the store looking at all the unneeded yet desired products, Megan (me), is becoming agitated by the second. I just remember thinking "why do they walk so slow!!" It was actually driving me crazy. I just wanted to go home and finish my book while I drank a nice hot cup of peppermint tea by the fire. But no. I was stuck walking slowly through the isles. I am not known for my patience. That is a true fact. However I realize now that I could have been a little more tolerant.  I didn't need to be short with my sister. I didn't have anything I had to get to. Sometime I think we get so caught up in the busy world around us and think more for ourselves rather than living life with those around us. 
“Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is "timing" it waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.”
~Fulton J. Sheen
 Although we may not know where we will be, one month from now or ten years from now, I can promise you, God has a plan! We have to let God's plans unfold. Not only will we find ourselves coming closer to Christ but learning more about ourselves as we grow in faith. There are times when things don't work out the way we want them to. As the saying goes, when one door shuts, another door is opened. We have to be patient. Mountains and Valleys. Just because your having a bad day, be patient, with Christ it will only get better!

Have patience in your life and Christ will deliver!
Yours Truly,
Meg 
"But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."
~Romans 8:25

No comments:

Post a Comment