Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Signs

I'm one of those people that believes in signs. Not the voodoo signs or any kind of crazy witch craft sort of thing. Just signs that maybe no one else would have noticed. God is always trying to guide us and lead us in the right direction. Sometimes we get straight forward answers and sometimes we have to figure out what He truly wants us to do. As for me, I think I communicate with Christ through different signs. The other day I was on a tour of a college. I knew going in, that I already really liked the campus, it was just as to which major I was unsure of. As I was sitting in the office I saw an African Violet sitting on the desk beside me. My Mom loves African Violets and they are all over my house. By seeing that flower, it was a sign! Now of course there's the whole issue of is it a good sign or a bad sign. However, that is for us to discover. Maybe it wasn't really a sign and I was just making it up. I couldn't say for sure! But I do know that it's where my heart is guiding me. I've spent many a times praying in search of what is right for me. It's comforting to realize that you always have God to turn to.


 
 
There are many days I wish I could get a straight forward sign such as this. But that would be way to easy!! God is there to help us through and figure out what are heart truly desires. I'm not searching for any miracles to drastically change my life around. Sometimes we just need that comforting person to help us see that everything will work out fine, to help us find the good signs!


 
 
There are days that life seems all twisted, and we have no idea where we are going any more, just as this sign. There are days when I just break down and, well, lay on the floor. Although usually when I'm stressed I go play the piano, because the piano is a beautiful instrument that allows one to express them self with out speaking. But any how, however you may deal with stress, sometimes you just have to take a step back and view it from God's view. For us it may seem as though we have the whole world sitting on our shoulders. Though I can assure you that God will be there to lift the weight! Life will go on. There is no reason to get caught up in which way to go. God will guide you!!
 
 

 
Above all you should follow your heart. The good Lord will lead you to where you need to go, you just have to be willing to follow his path, listen to his word, and spread his love to those around you. You can do anything if you put your heart to it! Today is a new day. You are a living, breathing,  child of God! What else could you need! Follow the signs and let God in! He will help you to see the signs and do what is right!
 
Until the Next Sign,
Megan
 
 
Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment