Tuesday, January 27, 2015

La Historia De Mi Vida {3}

~Thoughts From Megan~

January is flying right by folks! Before we know it, it'll be track season! As of lately, my family caught on with the flu epidemic! Yay us! It went right down the line. I have been sick since last Sunday, and let me tell ya, it's awful. I went to a whole half-a-day of school last week so I've been very busy catching up on all of my work. Unfortunately, I was unable to run in my indoor meet on Sunday because of the flu and a fever of 101. (Honestly, I cried for about an hour. Not racing was actually a tragedy for me.) Now I just have an awful cough and am strictly on my schedule to take my medicine every four hours, otherwise I go straight down hill. Sadly, now my poor puppy, Molly, has the flu. She wouldn't move at all for about 3 or 4 days. I do believe she is slowly recuperating though!

College has been heavy on my mind as well. Ever since I was little I have known I for sure want to be a Pediatrician. However, after recently talking to the Dean of Human Ecology K-State, I've been thinking about my major. I had always thought biology would be the best route to go, but now I'm thinking about changing to something more along the lines of Kinesiology. The options are endless! Here I am not even in college and I already might be changing my major! Better now though then later! I love studying science especially anatomy and physiology. The human body is truly mind blowing! Though I must say, there are some things that are just Humerus! *Haha! Get it!* I've also been very busy with scholarships, along with most other seniors. It's amazing how much money there is out there, you just have to make the effort to get it!

My passion for music is never ending. I am always looking for new songs in my free time or listening to my favorite songs on repeat. For some reason every time I get a new song that I really like, I tend to listen to it on repeat until I don't like it any more. I don't know why I always do this, *shrugs and looks innocent* but I do! My current songs on repeat include:

~The Heart of Life by John Mayer
~Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
~My Lighthouse by Rend Collective
~I Just Wanna Run by The Downtown Fiction
~Ships in the Night by Mat Kearney
~Human by The Killers

I have so much to be thankful for! I praise the Lord everyday for all of the Blessings He has given me! He has given me the strength recently to overcome the flu and live life to the fullest! I could not be happier to proclaim My Redeemer lives! This weather I am currently experiencing (62°F) is absolutely wonderful! And for that I say, God Is Great! God's love is amazing! I just led a bible study recently about how Great He truly is from Isaiah 40:12-31. He created this world we call earth, the plants, animals and of course us! And to think he can hold all of us in just His hands! Nothing can compare to Him! I get so excited just thinking about it! GOD WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE STRENGTH YOU NEED! WITH GOD NEVER SHALL YOU GROW WEARY! PUT YOUR TRUST IN HIM! He is AMAZING! Just think, "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance?" (Isaiah 40:12) The answer is God! God can do that! He has measured them all! I hope you take the time to read all of Isaiah 40,  to see just how great He is!

Until Next Time, Carpe Diem!
~Megan

 
But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:31

2 comments: